Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Chicken kheema kebabs


We love minced chicken and this time I purchased it from the store thinking that I would make something different.So I entered the kitchen thinking of making mincedchicken and potato pattice.Then this idea of kebabs suddenly came up in my mind and as I had all the ingredients on hand I decided to go ahead with it.I have seen meatballs made on television and in cooking books so I just decided to try a simple version.The kebabs came out really good and I was happy and my husband enjoyed eating the kebabs with his evening tea.The recipe follows.........

Ingredients:
!/2 lb minced chicken
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 tsp corainder cumin pd
1 tbsp ricotta cheese(fatfree)
1 tsp chilli pd
1/2 tsp turmeric pd
1/2 tsp garlic pd
salt to taste
1/2 cup chopped cilantro(optional)
1 tbsp olive oil

Method:
Preheat oven to 350F and cover a baking sheet with aluminium foil.
Mix all the above ingredients together till well mixed. Make small round or oval shaped meatballs or use a spoon to scoop each meatball.Cook at 350F for 35-40 mins or till done.
Serve hot with your favourite dipping sauce or ketchup.

No comments: